Allergic to lift lines and $20 lodge hamburgers? Perhaps you just don’t like the sight of other people’s tracks? Maybe you have secretly always wanted your own set of ski poles? Meet the Verse Range Edition. Designed to support overland adventures and uphill travel, this boot is intended to be a functional and reliable addition to your backcountry toolkit. Rigorously tested by our team and backcountry legend, Bryan Iguchi, the Verse Range Edition’s Adaptive Range Mode features a Rear Drop-Cuff which allows the opening of the boot to be unlocked, providing a significantly expanded range of motion which is particularly useful while splitboarding, on your approach skis, or even hiking—a customization option that is further accentuated by the BOA® Custom Focus Plus and Custom Slide Guide. Add in our V3 UltraCush™ TNF FlashDry™ liner, V3 POPCUSH™ footbed, and V3 Waffle SuperEnduro Outsole, and you have a recipe for off-piste good times. Now get out there and earn your turns because the Verse Range Edition gets you there with less effort and more protection.
Vans flex rating provides a point reference for how boots within the Vans line compare in flexibility. A lower number designates a softer - flexing boot; higher numbers designate a more supportive boot. Boots equipped with the Vans Flex Control System, PowerCuff Strap, and Hybrid Plus systems will have larger ranges indicating the scope of flex within which each boot can be adjusted.
- Flex: 6-9/10
- Lacing: BOA® CUSTOM FOCUS PLUS WITH CUSTOM SLIDE GUIDE – Custom Focus Plus features two high-power (H4) dials that control three zones of fit linked by Vans’ exclusive Custom Slide Guide, delivering concentrated fit around the instep area for superior heel hold.
- Liner: V3 Ultracush™ - UltraCush interior cushioning layer The North Face FlashDry materialization, Expanded Comfort Flex neoprene forefoot, Updated X-Cage for superior heel hold, Dual-density, heat-moldable core, Closed-seam microsuede cuff and tongue
- FlashDry: Vans and trailblazing outdoor innovator The North Face™ continue their partnership on the first-to-market FlashDry-equipped snowboard boot liner. FlashDry fabric technology is engineered to act like a second skin, pushing moisture to the surface and eliminating it as fast as possible. These fabrics are are engineered to repel and resist wetting out to help provide quick-drying performance that keep the user dry and comfortable. Setting a new industry standard in moisture management and all-condition comfort, this technology has now been integrated into all of the Vans V3 UltraCush™ TNF FlashDry liners.
- X-Cage: This heel lock component offers an asymmetrical, anatomical shape that fills the space around your ankle bones with a soft durometer EVA foam. Available on the V2 UltraCush Smartwool and V3 UltraCush FlashDry liners, the X-Cage is designed to keep your foot securely in the heel pocket and in constant contact with your snowboard.
- Flex Control: Removable, high-rebound Hytrel® tongue stiffeners enable riders to custom-tune their boot flex. Keep both in for maximum support, use just one for increased lateral or medial response, or take them both out for a softer-flexing boot. As your boots soften up over time, add the tongue stiffeners back in to extend the life of your boots.
- Waterproof Zipper Shroud + D Ring: This feature is a durable and weatherproof fabric shield that protects the lower part of your boot from snow, ice, and moisture. It also features a metal D-ring for securely fastening your pant gaiters to lock out snow
- Sole: V3 WAFFLE SUPERENDURO OUTSOLE WITH ALL-TRAC COLD WEATHER RUBBER COMPOUND - Inspired by the extended cross-country and off-road demands of moto enduro racing, the V3 SuperEnduro outsole is designed to offer maximum performance in and out of your bindings. Multi-directional tread design? Surface-level texturing for added traction? A molded TPU toe pick? Expanded impact absorption zone? Check, check, and check. There’s no keeping up with this all-terrain apex predator.
- Adaptive Range Mode: The functional objective of Adaptive Range Mode is to widen the opening of the snowboard boot to allow for a more natural gait and extended range of motion on overland adventures or commuting uphill travel. Disengaging the Ride Mode strap opens the Rear Drop-Cuff and two-way stretch gore, providing significantly more calf articulation. This allows for longer strides and less wasted energy.
- Footbed: V3 POP Cush™ - Tri-density POPCUSH construction, OrthoLite® open-cell foam top layer TPU arch support heel clip provides stability while allowing torsional flex, Advanced 3D-molded anatomical shape, Anti-fatigue coring design, Airflow perforations, Nylex moisture-wicking top sheet
- Heat Retention 360: All Vans snowboard boots feature a newly improved thermal retention layer that provides a 360° wrap of the toe box and between the outsole and the liner. This essential layer keeps heat in and cold out, ensuring all-day warmth and comfort.
- Powercuff Strap: Power is the operative word with the PowerCuff Strap. It provides extra support at the top of the boot for increased stability and response. Its configuration gives riders customizable levels of engagement and the option of wrapping the strap around the internal liner or the exterior tongue.